The European Commission recently published the results of the applications for project funding that were submitted under the Erasmus Plus Call for Proposals for 2022.
We are happy to advise that EMCA has been directly granted funding for 3 projects. In addition, there have also been a number of projects approved where EMCA’s members are involved.
There are 2 other projects awarded from the most recent Erasmus+ project call where our members are partners:
- Funny young children athletics trainings in elementary schools (“FUNNY”)
This project aims to promote regular sport activities for adolescents (age 7-12 years) in the school environment. LEVSKI -Sport for All is the coordinator, with Polisportiva Pontevecchio and Panseraikos as partners. These partners were chosen as the 3 cities where the partners are located (Sofia, Bologna and Serres) have an increased number of inactive children. A guideline training programme with be developed with modified rules for athletic games and materials used in children’s daily life, such as sticks, ropes, baskets, pinecones, furthermore promoting children to think “green”. The participation of sports professionals (managers, trainers, coaches, sport teachers) as well as volunteers will improve personal level of qualifications and knowledge.
- Waterpolo for Children (“WALRUS’)
This project, coordinated by LEVSKI-Sport for All, will be an introduction as to the basic skills of water polo, for children aged 8-12 years old. Coaches and volunteers from the partner clubs will also be trained through a specifically designed manual. Training for children and coaches will include information on the basics of proper nutrition, recovery and protection from the dangers of the use of prohibited substances. The other 2 partners are EMCA members, namely Lazio Nuoto (Italy) and Sporting Clube de Portugal.
In addition to the aforementioned project, the Lazio Foundation has been awarded 3 other projects:
- CrosSport - this is a Key Action project. The goal of this project is to integrate refugees. There are a further 2 other projects which were awarded to the Foundation earlier this year, namely:
- GREIS - This is a project from the 2021 Erasmus Plus project call. The project is about fair play; and
- FEEL – This ia a project from the 2021 Erasmus Plus project call. This is a social integration project based around wheelchair basketball.